Medical School: Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
Residency: Urology, University of Southern California Program
Fellowship: Urologic Oncology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center
Graduate School: MBA, University of Colorado Denver
I’m a good listener, who is known for being able to explain complex medical ideas in ways my patients understand. I treat each patient as an individual, not a number. I also love seeing patients cured of cancer. For me hating cancer is personal!
About Dr. Shandra Wilson
Dr. Shandra Wilson completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Denver, where she double majored in biology and sociology. After completing her dual undergraduate degrees in just three years, Dr. Wilson set her sights on attending medical school.
She graduated from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis in 1997 and has been in practice for over 15 years. Prior to joining Urology Associates she practiced at UCHealth Women’s Integrated Services in Health (WISH) Clinic and is affiliated with University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. Dr. Wilson also practiced at University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora.
Dr. Shandra Wilson uses her extensive experience to deliver excellent patient care. During her lengthy career, Dr. Wilson has treated a myriad of urological issues including:
When she isn’t working, you can find Dr. Wilson spending time with her family. Dr. Wilson, along with her husband and two children, have a family band! She and her family support a variety of philanthropic endeavors including Cleo Parker Robinson Dance, Colorado Education Initiative and Children’s Hospital Colorado. In 2009, while her children were still in preschool, Dr. Wilson started a company called MoralGenius, which focuses on improving character and leadership in children.
What Patients Say
“I have never requested a second opinion before, so I had no idea what to expect. But you were great. Both my wife and I appreciate your straight forward and wonderful advice. We had never even considered the ‘watchful waiting’ option until you brought it up. We could see it was definitely the best for us. When you mentioned “quality of life” it really struck home! Thank you so very much for your ‘second’ opinion!” — Anonymous
“Many of us have two birthdays. Alcoholics have their date of birth and the day they started their sobriety. You have the date of your birth and when you married your soul mate. I too have two birthdays: when I was born and when you gave me the gift of life by skillfully operating on my bladder tumor. It is impossible to thank you enough for giving me more time on this earth. Hopefully I can thank you for many more years. Even having these 5 years has been a blessing. I’m sure glad you channeled your talents from being a ballerina to a wonderful caring surgeon.” — Anonymous
- 5280 Top Doctors (2018)
- Golden Stethoscope Award, Best Preceptor, University of Colorado School of Medicine (2010, 2015)
- Vital Patients’ Choice Award (2015)
- America’s Top Urologist, Consumer Research Council (2010)
- Partners in Care Physician Award, University of Colorado Hospital (2008)
- America’s Top Urologist, Consumer Research Council (2007)
- American College of Health Care Executives
- American College of Surgeons
- American Urological Association
- Colorado Medical Society
- Denver Academy of Surgeons
- Denver’s Leader’s Women’s Book Club
- Rocky Mountain Urological Association
- Society of Women in Urology
- Society of Urologic Oncology
- South-Central Section (SCS) of the American Urological Association
- Southwestern Oncology Group
- University of Colorado Comprehensive Cancer Center
- University Physicians, Inc.